Completed in 30 minutes
Per serving Energy: 359 kcal, protein: 3 g, fat: 38 g
- Medium difficulty
For 4th Servings
2 Shallots1Teaspoon of oil
100 ml white wine
100 ml asparagus water
½ Teaspoon tarragon (dried)
1Teaspoon black peppercorns
1Bay leaf (small)
4th Egg yolk (class M)
- Finely dice shallots, sauté briefly in oil in a saucepan. Top up with wine and 100 ml asparagus water (from the recipe: asparagus with boiled ham and new potatoes). Add tarragon, pepper and bay leaf. Reduce the stock to 120 ml and let it steep for 15 minutes. Bring the butter to the boil in a saucepan and let it cool down a little. Put the egg yolks in a beater pan.
- Pour the shallot reduction into the egg yolks through a fine sieve and whisk with a whisk. Whip in a hot water bath until creamy and thick. Gradually stir in butter in a thin stream. Season the sauce with salt, cayenne and possibly a little lemon juice. Serve with the asparagus.
1. Whisk egg yolks and shallot reduction,
2. … until the sauce is creamy and thick
3. Gradually stir in butter in a thin stream.
4. If necessary, season the sauce with lemon