Very easy, fast and creamy : red aubergine pesto , a sauce for cold or hot pasta to prepare in a few minutes. A tasty aubergine cream with an intense flavor, perfect to prepare in advance and keep for a couple of days.
Few ingredients for an exceptional result: aubergines, cherry tomatoes, Parmesan, pine nuts, basil and olive oil . The aubergines are first boiled so as to make them soft and then everything is blended in a mixer. To dress the pasta, you can accompany the aubergine pesto with other ingredients such as cherry tomatoes, pine nuts, Parmesan flakes, ricotta salata .
If you don’t like cherry tomatoes you can prepare the “white” version by omitting them and adding another cheese to make it tastier. Fresh, creamy and super easy , gluten and lactose free !
- 1 round eggplant
- 20 g Pine nuts
- 30 g grated Parmesan
- 2 Piccadilly cherry tomatoes
- 4-5 Basil leaves
- to taste Olive oil
- to taste Salt up
- NOTES ON THE Ingredients you don’t have round aubergines, you can also use the long ones. The cherry tomatoes can be replaced by a few tablespoons of tomato sauce or, in the white version, by a creamy cheese such as robiola, Philadelphia, ricotta.
- HOW TO MAKE RED EGGPLANT PESTO Wash the eggplant well and dry it, then tick it and cut it into slices.
- Then again in strips, removing the inner part if there were seeds. Put them in a pan with a little water and a lid, or steam them to reduce cooking times. Salt them according to your tastes. The water should never dry out as they need to cook and be soft.
- When they are soft you can drain them from excess water. Squeeze them lightly to remove the water and put them in a mixer.
- Add the coarsely chopped cherry tomatoes and olive oil. Blend for a few seconds. Then add the basil leaves, Parmesan, fine salt, pine nuts and olive oil.
- Blend again to make it creamy and soft. The pesto is ready to be enjoyed on a plate of cold or hot pasta.