Stewed vegetables, rosemary, thyme and a hint of garlic put the lamb in the mood – with creamy celery purée, cooked paprika and green oil, Mediterranean.
Preparation time 3 hours 10 minutes
Per serving of energy: 768 kcal,
Carbohydrates: 9 g, protein: 72 g, fat: 44 g
Sprigs of rosemary
8th Thyme stalks
6th Tbsp olive oil
4th Lamb knuckles (approx. 350 g each )
200ml white wine
250ml lamb stock
½ Tl corn starch
Bell pepper vegetables and celery
150ml mineral water (carbonated)
2Tbsp olive oil
1Teaspoon white wine vinegar
30thg carrot greens (alternatively chervil)
80ml mineral water (non-carbonated)
4thTbsp olive oil
- Finely dice the onions for the knuckles. Clean and peel the carrots and celery, cover and chill. Press on the garlic. Score bay leaves. Roughly cut 4 sprigs of rosemary and 4 stalks of thyme.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a roasting pan, fry the lamb knuckles over medium to high heat for 3-4 minutes, season with salt and pepper and remove. Put 2 tablespoons of oil in the roasting pan and fry the onions for 2 minutes. Fry the garlic, rosemary, thyme and bay leaf briefly, deg laze with wine, reduce to half (takes about 10 minutes). Add the knuckles again, fill up with stock and 300 ml water and cook covered in a preheated oven at 160 degrees (gas 1-2, convection not recommended) for 1 hour. At the end of the cooking time, remove the lid and cook for a further 1-1: 15 hours. 30 minutes before the end of the cooking time, add coarse pieces of carrots and celery and cook at the same time.
- In the meantime, clean, wash, quarter and core the peppers for the vegetables. Cook the peppers in boiling salted water for 7 minutes, remove, soak in ice water, drain well. Cut the peppers into 2 cm pieces and cover and chill. Clean, peel and finely dice the celery. Heat the butter in a saucepan, stew the celery for 2 minutes while stirring, season with salt. Top up with mineral water and cook covered for 35 minutes over low heat. Pour the celery into a sieve, collecting 80-100 ml of the stock. Drain the celery and purée very finely with the stock in a food processor.
- Take the lamb shanks out of the oven, wrap the lamb shanks and vegetables separately in aluminum foil and keep them warm in the oven at 80 degrees. Pour the stock through a sieve and allow draining. Degrease the stock (preferably with a fat pot). Reduce 400 ml stock to 250 ml in a saucepan, then season with salt and pepper. Thicken the sauce with the cornstarch mixed in a little cold water. Heat the remaining oil in a pan, fry the remaining herbs briefly and hot.
- Pluck the leaves from the thick stalks of the carrot leaves. Blanch the carrot leaves in boiling salted water for 2-3 seconds, pour into a sieve, quench and drain well, then squeeze out vigorously. Finely purée the carrot leaves with the water in a mixing beaker, pour into a sieve and press firmly. Mix with oil, salt and pepper, set aside.
- Heat celery purée while stirring. Heat the oil in a sauté pan, stir-fry the paprika for 2-3 minutes, season with vinegar, salt and pepper. Remove the knuckles and vegetables from the foil, place in a roasting pan with the sauce and herbs and serve. Serve with the paprika vegetables and celery purée. Serve the green oil separately.