Fried feta with sesame and honey, a delicious appetizer that will amaze you! Juicy, salty breaded feta with crisp golden sesame and honey in a unique combination that will amaze you! And if you find it difficult, I assure you that this recipe for feta with sesame and honey will be ready in just 10 minutes and of course will become the favorite appetizer for young and old.
Fried feta with honey and sesame is a delicious meze that has its roots in Cretan cuisine, where we can find many recipes that combine the sweetness of honey with the saltiness of feta and the rich taste of roasted sesame.
250 gr. salty feta
1 tbsp. Paprika
1 tbsp. Freshly ground pepper
70-80 gr. flour
60 gr. Sesame
oil for frying
4 tbsp. Honey
- To make this easy feta bread recipe with sesame and honey, start by cutting the feta into a rectangle about 1.5 cm thick.
- In a bowl, break the whole eggs and beat them with a fork. Put the flour, paprika and pepper on a plate and mix with a spoon. Put the sesame seeds in a third dish.
- Portions of feta, take a piece of feta and pass it first through the egg and then through the flour. Then pass it again through the egg and finally through the sesame, so that all the sides are covered. Continue with the remaining pieces of feta.
- Put 6-7 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan to cover the bottom of the pan. Fry the breaded feta until it gets a nice color on all sides. Use a slotted spatula to carefully turn the slice on all sides. After it is fried, put it to drain a little on kitchen paper.
- Meanwhile, heat the honey in a saucepan or microwave until it liquefies.
- Serve the feta hot and pour over the honey.
The secrets to the perfect breading
Before frying the feta, bread it first with sesame seeds. In order for the sesame to stick well on the feta and not to leave when we fry it, we will first pass it through an egg, then through flour and then again through an egg. We will flavor the flour with a little paprika and grated pepper for extra flavor and intensity that will complement the sweetness of the honey. Serve the breaded feta with sesame and honey with a fresh green salad with lemon and a glass of white wine. Have fun!
So go ahead, try this traditional recipe for feta bread with sesame and honey and enchant your friends and family with this delicious meze!