The delicious classic with a fried egg on top. Our tip: just use the bread you already have at home.
Per serving Energy: 664 kcal,
Carbohydrates: 30 g, protein: 37 g, fat: 42 g
4th Slices of white bread
2Tbsp butter (soft)
2Eggs (class M)
100g ham (cooked, thinly sliced)
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees (convection not recommended). Grate Gruyère.
- Place the bread slices on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Roast in the hot oven on the top shelf for 4 minutes until golden brown. Turn the bread slices over and toast for another 2 minutes.
- Take the bread out of the oven, brush with butter and sprinkle with a quarter of the cheese on each. Bake in the hot oven for 5 minutes on the middle rack as above.
- In the meantime, fry the eggs in a hot pan with oil along with fried eggs, season with salt and pepper.
- Cover 2 bread slices with ham, place the remaining bread slices on top. Top with the fried eggs. Serve with gherkins.